Saturday, April 29, 2006

OZ + pdaXrom test

Just tried to flash the latest available version on OpenZaurus (OPIE) and pdaXrom.

OZ failed to boot OPIE, can work in terminal mode though, not quite sure about what's going on, so I think I will wait for the next release or see if someone can come up any solutions in the forum.

For pdaXrom, the process of installing the rom is smooth, however when I try to do startx, all the xterms cannot show the ASCI properly (using the default settings), and not as user friendly as in Cacko. It also takes a quite to load the application.

As a PDA, I do prefer to have a quicker response and faster application loading. Guess pdaXrom is not for me at this stage. I will try that out again later.

So, after all, I think I will go back to Cacko 1.23 for the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home