Thursday, April 20, 2006

Chinese Display (Sort of success)

It is very strange that I can read chinese characters under Kconsole when I try to list the directory in the SD card. However, I cannot read those chinese characters under the explorer or applications like movie player.

There is a fix to this problem. Just modify the following file:
/home/root/Settings/locale.conf

change Language = en to Language=zh_TW

then do a reboot.

Ok, I can read chinese everywhere now. However one big problem.... all the fonts (both english and chinese) beome so small that it is very hard to read!!! I suspect it must be the problem on the default fonts being used.

Until I found out how I can read the chinese (+english) in a more comfortable size, I'm going to stick with Language=en for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home