Saturday, December 16, 2006

Installing pdaXrom beta3

Christmas is coming, I have more time to spend and so I decided to give pdaXrom a go. Since people are stating that r121 is not stable enough to be used. I will go for beta3 at the moment.

After flashing beta3 in my C3200, everything seems to start off fine. Except my PLANEX GW-CF11X wifi card is not being activated when plugged in. Studying the message log from /var/log shows that some file are missing. So basically I have to find the following two files "pm010102.hex" and "rf010804.hex" from the net and copy them into /etc/pcmcia/firmware. Now I have my wifi network working now. :-)

Files can be found in http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/firmware/. pm010102.hex is in primary.tar.bz2, while rf010804.hex is in 1.8.4.tar.bz2.

Planning to connect to the feed and start setting up my Z.....Wait! pdaXrom offical site is down!!?? Fine, see if I can find another feed from another site. Oops...Even the OE forum is offsite due to moving to a new server.

Oh...looks like I have picked the wrong time to test thing out. :-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home